We are always open for submissions.
Please direct all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expedited Response + Detailed Feedback
If you wish to receive an expedited response and/or detailed feedback, consider contributing to our fundraiser at https://www.gofundme.com/lumierereview.
– $5 or more for a 3-day response time OR ~200-word personalized feedback
– $10 or more for a 3-day response time AND ~200-word personalized feedback
*Please show us proof of contribution through a screenshot/receipt etc.
We accept submissions from writers and artists of all ages and backgrounds. If you’d like to get a better idea of what we like, check out our past issues. All submissions are judged blindly. We hope to review your submissions within a month. After a month, you may query about your submission if you have not received a response.
We require all poetry and prose to be attached as PDF or Word documents and all artwork and photography are attached as JPEG or PNG files. We would absolutely love it if all works of the same genre are attached in a single document. You may submit across multiple genres. We accept previously published work and simultaneous submissions are encouraged.
Upon acceptance, you agree to grant us first North American serial and electronic rights (if not previously published). Following publication, all rights return back to the writer/artis. If you are submitting previously published work as permissible by the original publication, please provide us with details.
Please title the subject line of the email as “Full Name – Medium(s)” (ex. Lucy Brown – Poetry). In the body of the email, please include a short biography in third person of no more than 100 words.
- POETRY: We accept 1-5 poems of no more than 2 pages per poem.
- PROSE: We accept 1-3 fiction and nonfiction works of no more than 2000 words each.
- ART: We accept 1-3 pieces of all mediums of artwork including paintings, drawings, photography, digital art, mixed media, ceramics, etc. If you wish to provide an artist’s statement to describe the artwork, you may do so on a separate PDF or Word document. It should be no more than 200 words.